80 Level Job Digest: Great Positions for FX Artists, Animators & Software Engineers
Очередной уже традиционный дайджест прекрасных вакансий в крутых игровых компаниях — к вашим услугам.
* * *
Technical Animator – Unreal 4 (Remote) at 8 Circuit Studios
- Experience with Keyframe animation and motion capture data, with fundamental animation principles
- Support and improve the integration of animation assets from Maya (or equivalent 3D tools) to Unreal Engine 4
- Contribute to improving the animation pipeline
- Own the skinning process for a variety of characters, weapons, garments and gear
- Manage code and content delivery with Perforce
- Document process
CFX Artist/Houdini Artist at UNXD
- Perform cloth setups, cloth sims, vellum and various RBD setups and sims to perfectly match the physics of real materials, which maintain/contain character motion and deformation systems; secondary dynamics systems.
- Assist in the creation of complex costume embellishments (cloth, hair, fur, feathers, small, embellishments, scales etc.) and help with grooming.
- Setup simulation- and animation-ready procedural scatter assets with properly prepared, texture maps/IDs for material development.
- Maintain and develop a library of in-house procedural assets.
- Develop new techniques and processes to solve technical production challenges.
- Work closely with Cloth Designers, Character Artists & Character Animators.
Software Engineer – Simulation & Visualization at MSG Sphere Studios
Specific Functions/Activities Summary:
- Collaborate closely with Engineering Lead to design, prototype, and develop VR / Desktop / Mobile applications, tools, and plugins for simulation and visualization of content for our venues to integrate into our previz / capture / dailies pipelines.
- Work closely with Software Operations, Systems, and Venue Tech teams to integrate and test our tools on various hardware configurations.
- Connect and integrate our applications with cloud-based backend solutions and services for Dailies review and approval.
- Collaborate closely with Productions and other departments to share pipeline innovations, improvements, and help integrate our custom tools.
- Communicate technical approaches and support proofs of concepts / projects with various partners and vendors.
- Write technical documentation and clearly communicate complex solutions and challenges, even to non-technical staff.
- Work on multiple projects and prioritize tasks for each.
- Stay current on relevant technology and conduct necessary research, due diligence, prototyping, and testing to assess emerging technology options.
- Identify areas that require attention and work with the Software project management team to ensure time and resources are properly allocated.
VFX Artist (Horizon Call of the Mountain) at Firesprite
- Creating and designing high quality real-time visual FX for characters, environments and gameplay.
- Assist in establishing the visual style of the VFX alongside the Art Director and Design team.
- Optimizing visual effects for performance while maintaining high-quality standards.
- Maintain the production pipeline and meeting deadlines.
- Working closely with other departments while creating and implementing VFX assets.
- The ability to work from photo reference or concept art, or found footage to deliver a fully game ready asset including texturing and shading in game engine.
- To deliver on the spec given by the Art Director by helping to set and maintain a high-quality bar for the projects VFX.
Lead FX Artist at Platige Image
- Assign and review tasks for simulations such as Pyro, Fluids, Destruction, and all kind of experimental effects.
- Mentor and lead FX Artists in their development by providing artistic guidance and technical expertise.
- Together with Supervisors, evaluate the creative and technical approach for assigned shots and sequences.
- Drive the technological development of the workflow of your team and the entire pipeline.
- Maintain good team dynamics and show initiative in solving everyday problems.
Senior VFX Artist (Remote Flexible) at Starbreeze
- Creating and implementing Visual effects and pushing them beyond the industry standards
- Being able to follow references, concepts, and art direction while also having the initiative to take the work further independently
- Drive VFX development and communicate with peers, managers, and vendors
- Work closely with the team to ensure that quality is consistent and cohesive
Senior Technical Artist – Games Technology at SideFX
What you will be working on:
- Consult with clients to understand their goals and help them overcome technical challenges
- Provide production insight into R&D feature development
- Broaden and deepen your knowledge of Houdini while maintaining close contacts with the industry and anticipating trends
- Create production-quality example content and example tools
- Explore and prototype experimental Houdini workflows and tools
- Conduct usability testing to verify feature work in production use cases
- Understand Houdini workflows with partner technologies
- Other duties as assigned
7-8 июня WN Conference возвращается в Турцию
Присоединяйтесь оффлайн или онлайн к бизнес-конференции для представителей игровой индустрии WN Istanbul’23.
Как оценить будущие продажи игры?
Находясь на половине пути предполагаемого успеха, самое сложное — перевести успехи творческие в финансовые.
Как команда perelesoq преодолела кризис, нашла нового издателя и готова покорять мир
Внешняя обстановка может поставить на всем крест. Как выйти из этой ситуации и попробовать обернуть ее в свою пользу?